CFI Canada’s mission is to provide education and training to the public in the application of skeptical, secular, rational and humanistic inquiry through conferences, symposia, lectures, published works and the maintenance of a library.
–Anglican Church admits it ‘helped to create’ conditions for suicide crisis in Wapekeka First Nation; The Anglican Church of Canada says it will continue working with First Nations in northern Ontario to confront the “legacy of brokenness” created by a pedophile priest who worked in remote communities in the 1970s and 80s.
–Calgary mother Tamara Lovett has been found guilty of failing to provide the necessaries of life and negligence causing death. Lovett testified during the trial that she gave her seven-year-old son Ryan holistic remedies for what she believed was a cold or flu before his death.
-One Nation, Divided By A Common Language; Our language seems to be evolving faster than ever before. What are the consequences?
Every Saturday, the Humanist Association of Toronto (HAT) meets to discuss a topic decided upon the previous week. These are topics of Humanist interest, from a Humanist perspective. Meet our diverse group, trade perspectives in a free and open forum and learn from others as they learn from you! Feel free to join the discussion late and come to lunch if that suits your availability better Time slot: 11 am – 1 pm every Saturday Address: 519 Church St. Community Center
- Jan 25th, Feb 8th, Feb 22nd Toronto: CFIC T.O. – Living Without Religion. Every 2 weeks on Wednesday, a place for people to share their desire to throw away the burden of religious indoctrination and antiquated dogma.
- CFI Ottawa Living without Religion; This support group meets on the 3rd Sunday of each month, 12:30 pm, at the Fox and Feather Pub
- CFI Ottawa UnSermon; Sunday afternoons (12:30 pm), meet and share your ideas with Atheists, Freethinkers, and Humanists from the Ottawa area.
- CFI Calgary Skeptics in The Pub: This group meets on the first Tuesday of every month. Join us for drinks, discussion, and debate about all science and skeptical topics
- Okanagan – Secular Social. Now every second and fourth Monday of the month! Come to the pub and hang out with other skeptics and freethinkers. Mission Tap House and Grill, 3110 Lakeshore Rd., Kelowna. If you don’t recognize anyone, look for the table with the CFI sign.
Did you know the best place to find out about CFI Calgary events is on Meetup.com? It’s free to join and you will never miss hearing about a local Calgary event. Join over 1000 Calgarians who use Meetup to hear about, RSVP and comment on our events.
Let us know if you have an activity you’d like to share!
CFI Canada is proud to join Humanist Canada, BC Humanist Association, Canadian Journalists for Free Expression and a growing list of other organizations in launching Petition e-382 in opposition to Criminal Code Section 296 – Canada’s blasphemous libel law.
Nobody joins a cult. You join a self-help group, a religious movement, a political organization. They change so gradually, by the time you realize you’re entrapped – and almost everybody does – you can’t figure a safe way back out.
– Deborah Layton, survivor of Jim Jones’ Peoples Temple cult
Critical Links is published every Tuesday And Friday
Please support the Centre For Inquiry Canada