CFI Canada’s mission is to provide education and training to the public in the application of skeptical, secular, rational and humanistic inquiry through conferences, symposia, lectures, published works and the maintenance of a library.
A new Toronto group is expected to launch on Feb. 12, joining a growing network of communities popping up across the central and southern United States, with meetings based on shared common values instead of a religion. It’s not a church, but in many ways is sort of like one.
Gretta Vosper is part of a group about to launch an Oasis chapter in Toronto. The network meets based on shared common values instead of a religion.
–The climate struggle is real: 10 biggest global warming stories of 2016; This year is likely to be remembered as a turning point for climate change. It’s the year the impacts of rising carbon pollution became impossible to ignore. The world is overheating, and vast swaths of the planet have suffered the consequences.
Every Saturday, the Humanist Association of Toronto (HAT) meets to discuss a topic decided upon the previous week. These are topics of Humanist interest, from a Humanist perspective. Meet our diverse group, trade perspectives in a free and open forum and learn from others as they learn from you! Feel free to join the discussion late and come to lunch if that suits your availability better Time slot: 11 am – 1 pm every Saturday Address: 519 Church St. Community Center
- Jan 11th, Jan 25th Toronto: CFIC T.O. – Living Without Religion. Every 2 weeks on Wednesday, a place for people to share their desire to throw away the burden of religious indoctrination and antiquated dogma.
- Jan 13th, Toronto: CFIC T.O.’s Nyrd Nite. We all love exercising our minds- whether we’re reading, attending lectures or watching the latest NOVA documentary. But sometimes we just want to hangout and talk about those nerdy things, this is a relaxed discussion group where a nerdy topic may be set or we will just talk about what ever is on our minds like the latest scientific discovery, that real cool documentary you just watched, or the finer points of how history is repeating itself.
- CFI Ottawa Living without Religion; This support group meets on the 3rd Sunday of each month, 12:30 pm, at the Fox and Feather Pub
- CFI Ottawa UnSermon; Sunday afternoons (12:30 pm), meet and share your ideas with Atheists, Freethinkers, and Humanists from the Ottawa area.
- CFI Calgary Skeptics in The Pub: This group meets on the first Tuesday of every month. Join us for drinks, discussion, and debate about all science and skeptical topics
- Okanagan – Secular Social. Now every second and fourth Monday of the month! Come to the pub and hang out with other skeptics and freethinkers. Mission Tap House and Grill, 3110 Lakeshore Rd., Kelowna. If you don’t recognize anyone, look for the table with the CFI sign.
Did you know the best place to find out about CFI Calgary events is on Meetup.com? It’s free to join and you will never miss hearing about a local Calgary event. Join over 1000 Calgarians who use Meetup to hear about, RSVP and comment on our events.
Let us know if you have an activity you’d like to share!
CFI Canada is proud to join Humanist Canada, BC Humanist Association, Canadian Journalists for Free Expression and a growing list of other organizations in launching Petition e-382 in opposition to Criminal Code Section 296 – Canada’s blasphemous libel law.
Critical Links is published every Tuesday And Friday
Please support the Centre For Inquiry Canada